- 500g veal mince
- 500g pork mince
- 1 medium brown onion, coarsely grated
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs (day-old bread)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Combine the veal and pork mince, onion, breadcrumbs, garlic and egg in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to mix until combined. Roll 1 heaped tablespoonful of mince mixture into a ball and place on prepared tray. Repeat with the remaining mince mixture.
- Heat one-third of the oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add one-third of the meatballs and cook, turning, for 8 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with the remaining oil and meatballs, reheating pan between batches.
- Serve with a fresh salad.
- Freeze remaining meatballs for up to 3 months.