- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 600g lean beef or turkey mince
- 1/2 cup red lentils, rinsed, drained
- 2 x 420g cans no-added-salt diced tomatoes
- Cauliflower topping
- 600g potatoes, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 head cauliflower, sliced
- 1 cup skim milk
- green salad, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook onion and carrot over medium heat, until soft.Place mixture into a medium saucepan.
- Add remaining oil to frying pan and brown mince in batches. Add to saucepan. Stir in tomatoes and lentils. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil potatoes and cauliflower until very tender. Drain well. Mash potatoes and cauliflower together until smooth and stir in milk. Place mince mixture into 8 individual ramekin dishes. Spoon mash on top and bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- Serve with a green salad.