- 2 large brown onions, halved and finely chopped
- cooking oil spray
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 1 1/2 cups hot orange juice
- 1 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1/3 cup toasted flaked almonds
- Spray onion with oil. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 1 minute or until soft. Add coriander, cumin, cinnamon and ginger. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add honey and cook for 1 minute or until mixture caramelises. Remove from heat.
- Place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add juice and stir well. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 5 minutes or until all the juice is absorbed. Stir with a fork to separate grains.
- Stir in onion mixture, parsley, dates and almonds. Taste, season with black pepper and serve.