- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis, coarsely grated (make sure to squeeze excess moisture out)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 2 egg whites
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat milk
- 50g soft goats’ cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 12–hole (1/3-cup capacity) non-stick muffin pan. Line bases with baking paper.
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 15 minutes, or until golden and lightly caramelised. Stir in zucchini and half of the chives. Remove from heat.
- Whisk the eggs, egg whites and milk in a large jug. Divide the zucchini mixture among prepared muffin holes. Pour over egg mixture. Scatter over walnuts and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until just set. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Serve frittatas sprinkled with the remaining chives.
Makes 12 muffins