This is the perfect meal that could be used for breakfast, lunch or dinner. You could also add a poached egg for an added boost of protein.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 250g frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 small red capsicum, diced
- 125g chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large ripe avocado
- juice of 1/2 lime, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves picked
- Tabasco, to taste
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over a medium heat. Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the sweet corn and capsicum; cook mixture for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a large bowl. Add the flour and spices; then gradually stir in the eggs and 1/2 cup of cold water until the mixture is combined.
- Wipe the frying pan clean, then return to a medium heat and spray with oil. Scoop 2 heaped tablespoons of batter into the pan for each fritter and, working in batches, gently fry for about 3 minutes on each side, or until golden. Continue to make 8 fritters in total.
- Make avocado smash: Put the avocado, lime juice and most of the mint in a food processor. Season with black pepper and tabasco, then blitz until the mixture is coarse.
- To serve, place 1 corn fritters on each serving plate. Top with the avocado smash and garnish with remaining mint leaves, cracked black pepper and lime wedges.