A new quick and easy meal preparation to help our bariatric patients in their busy week. Meal preparation is key to a successful weight loss journey.
- 500g chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
- Place the chicken breast and garlic into the slow cooker.
- Add your spices and the chicken broth.
- Cook on the low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, shred the chicken.
You can use the shredded chicken for salads, tacos, wraps etc.
If you do not have a slow cooker, you can still cook this recipe, however, you will instead marinate the chicken breast in a container with the spices, garlic & 3 tbsp of olive oil overnight in the fridge.
Heat a large fry pan to medium heat with a splash of oil. Add the chicken until completely cooked through. Once done take off the heat and shred the chicken with a fork (make sure to do this while the chicken is hot otherwise it will be difficult to shred).