Treat yourself to this delicious spicy roasted pumpkin soup. This recipe is perfect for a cool autumn day and is quick and easy to make.
- 500g pumpkin, cut into 3cm-thick slices (can use any type of pumpkin)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Moroccan spice mix
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped (you can de-seed or omit if you dislike hot food)
- 350ml reduced salt vegetable stock
- Fresh chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper and placed the sliced pumpkin on the tray with a splash of olive oil. Roast the pumpkin for 30-35 minutes, or until tender.
- Spray a large saucepan with olive oil on a medium heat. Add the onion and carrots, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Add the garlic, spice mix, two-thirds of chilli (if using), and stock to the pan with 1 & 1/2 cups of water. Stir well, bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- When the pumpkin is tender, remove the flesh from the skin (discard the skin) and add to the saucepan to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth and stir in the remaining chilli.
- Ladle into bowls, add black pepper and scatter with chives.