Who doesn’t love a quick and easy meal that you can prepare for dinner. This recipe is great for families and dinner parties. This is also a great recipe for patients to make who are being more discreet following their bariatric procedure.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 cm piece ginger (finely grated)
- 500g chicken mince*
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 3 spring onions (sliced)
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts**
- 225g can water chestnuts (sliced)
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
- 2 baby cos lettuce
- Heat the wok/ frypan over a high heat until hot. Add the olive oil with garlic and ginger.
- Add the chicken mince and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned and cooked through.
- Add the oyster sauce and soy sauce.
- Add the sesame oil, spring onions and lime juice.
- Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir in bean sprouts and water chestnuts.
- Spoon mixture in lettuce leaves, top with sliced chilli and serve.
* You can swap out the chicken mince for pork or turkey mince. If you are vegan or vegetarian you opt to swap out the meat for tofu. You can also swap out the oyster sauce for vegetarian oyster sauce.
**If you are unable to find fresh bean sprouts, these can be swapped out for canned bean sprouts.