Poaching is an easy and quick way to enjoy your favourite fish. This method of cooking keeps the fish moist and full of flavour. This dish serves 4-6 people so it’s best to be made for a lunch or dinner party with friends and family.
- 1 cup reduced-fat coconut milk
- 1 long green chilli, finely sliced
- 60ml lime juice
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 200g firm white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Steamed greens to serve
- Place the coconut milk, chilli, juice, leaves and fish sauce in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes.
- Add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until fish is tender.
- To serve, divide the fish and the poaching liquid between serving plates and sprinkle with coriander.
- Serve with steamed greens.
** Recipe adapted from Donna Hay Fast, Fresh and Simple.