Casseroles are a delicious meal to make ahead of time and freeze into portions. In addition this is the perfect meal for those who enjoy meal prep for the busy week ahead.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 grams chicken thigh fillets, quartered
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, halved & thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons chilli pesto
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 375 ml can light coconut and creamy evaporated milk
- 150 grams green beans, trimmed & halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a heavy-based, flameproof casserole dish, over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in batches, for 5-6 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in a dish. Add onion. Cook, stirring for 3 minutes or until softened. Add carrot. Cook, stirring for 5 minutes or until just starting to brown. Add garlic. Cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add flour. Cook stirring for 1 minute. Stir in pesto and stock. Bring to the boil.
- Return chicken to the dish and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Add capsicum and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and beans. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in parsley.