Suitable for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner. This is a quick meal to throw together with the use of leftover vegetables. You can omit the ham if you are a vegetarian and replace with mushrooms or even 100grams of tofu.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 cup leftover roasted vegetables (such as sweet potato, carrot, parsnip, etc), cut into cubes
- 100g lean ham, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 reduced-fat milk
- Heat olive oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Sauté onion for 5 minutes. Add garlic and zucchini and cook, stirring, for 1–2 minutes. Add leftover vegetables and ham. Stir, spreading the mixture around pan.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a large jug. Season with black pepper. Pour egg mixture over the vegetables. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Place frying pan under a grill heated to medium-high and cook for 3–4 minutes, or until the top is set and golden. Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.