It’s 5pm and you have no idea what to have for dinner but you want to have something healthy. Why not make this delicious cauliflower steak dish in just 30 minutes. You can swap out the lamb mince for beef mince, if preferred. This dish is high in fibre, protien and iron. Seves 4.
- 1 large Cauliflower, cut crossway into four 1.5cm- thick pieces
- 350g lean lamb mince or lean beef mince
- 2 Tablespoons Morrocan seasoning
- 200g Brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 200g bag shredded carrot
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt
- juice of 1 lemon, plus lemon wedges
- 1/2 cup parsley, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place cauliflower steaks, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until golden and tender
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and set over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook, breaking up lumps, for 5 minutes, or until browned. Next add seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add Brussels sprouts and carrot; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes, or until softened. Add honey and cook for 1–2 minutes, or until lamb caramelises slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt and lemon juice in a small bowl. Serve the cauliflower ‘steaks’ topped with the lamb mixture and lemony yogurt. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.