Now that the weather is slowly starting to cool down, we can start to enjoy some warm hearty meals. This is a delicious and easy one pan meal. You can choose to omit the quinoa and just enjoy the dish on it’s own.
- 250g chicken tenderloins
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 150g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 150g cauliflower cut into small florets
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved, cut into wedges
- 50g reduced fat fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1 tsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup steamed quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 220°C. Place a heatproof roasting pan over medium heat. Put chicken, garlic and the cumin in a bowl. Spray with olive oil and toss to combine. Cook the chicken in roasting pan for 1 minute each side, or until browned. Transfer chicken to a plate.
- Add tomatoes, capsicum, cauliflower and onion to pan. Spray with olive oil and toss to combine. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Place the chicken over vegetables in pan. Cook for a further 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Sprinkle chicken with ricotta and parsley. Serve with steamed quinoa.