Now that the winter weather has finally arrived, it is time to start cooking up some delicious healthy winter warmers. This is a delicious and easy soup to cook up. If you aren’t a fan of spicy food, you can omit the chilli paste.
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 200g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 90g dried soba noodles
- ½ cup sweetcorn kernels
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Fill a saucepan with 2 cups of water and set over medium-high heat. Add miso paste, chilli paste and peanut butter. Combine well and bring to the boil.
- Add the chicken, broccoli and carrot. Simmer gently for about 4–5 minutes. Add soba noodles, the sweetcorn and spinach, and keep simmering for 2–3 minutes.
- To serve, remove noodles from the pot and divide between two serving bowls. Add vegetables and pour over soup. Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish the soup with chilli, if desired.