A delicious soup for those chilly winter days or nights. This is a winter warmer that everyone will enjoy. You can swap the yoghurt out for coconut yoghurt and also omit the chili if you don’t enjoy spicy foods.
- 1 tbs rice bran oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbs curry powder
- 1 green chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1 tbs shredded ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1 sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, chopped
- 1/2 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
- 300g hoki fish fillets, cubed
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 150g green beans, trimmed, sliced, blanched
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt, to serve
- sliced green chilli, to serve, optional
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes until softened. Stir in curry powder, chili, ginger, garlic, and tomato paste and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant.
2. Add vegetables and stir well to coat. Add lentils and water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes.
3. Add fish, lemon rind, and juice. Season with salt and pepper. Cook gently for 5 minutes. Ladle into bowls and top with beans and a dollop of yoghurt. Serve with sliced chili, if you like.