Are you wanting to know more about the different types of bariatric surgery? Or perhaps looking for some recipe ideas?
Do you feel like you’re stuck in a rut after your surgery and need some motivation to kick-start your weight loss journey again?
We recommend adding one of these books to your reading list.
Bariatric Surgery Books
1. The Gastric Sleeve Guide: Food, Nutrition and Lifestyle Solutions Before and After your Sleeve Gastrectomy
Written by Trudy Williams
Trudy is an award-winning Accredited Practicing Dietitian with more than 35 years of experience in weight management. She has helped thousands of patients through their weight loss and health journey post bariatric surgery.
In this book Trudy uncovers everything you need to know about the gastric sleeve procedure. Topics include what you need to do in the lead up to surgery, what blood tests to have, how to make the best food choices, meal planning, how much protein to consume, how to tackle ‘head hunger’ and weight regain.
In addition, Trudy busts some common myths associated with bariatric surgery and ends the book by summarising her top 11 tips for success! This great book is available here for $35.00.
2. Get Back on Track After Your Weight Loss Surgery: How to Think and Act to Get the Results You Want
Written by Amber Kay and Alex Shirley.
If your weight has plateaued for a long period of time; if you are not seeing the results you want or if you have started regaining weight; this is the book for you!
Written by a qualified and experienced mindset coach and an exercise and lifestyle coach specialising in bariatric surgery, this book aims to help you master the mindset for long-term success after weight loss surgery. Know that it is never too late to get back on track and make the necessary changes to support your health journey.
Filled with tips, strategies, activities and success stories, Amber and Alex help you get your mindset right so you can achieve the best long-term results. It teaches you about:
- The importance of focusing on what you really want and practicing gratitude
- Creating a clear vision for yourself and also understanding the reason behind it
- Learning how to prioritise your health and make it your number one value
- Breaking stubborn habits such as emotional or mindless eating that often result in weight regain
- Implementing simple strategies for stress management and being physically active
This book is available here for $24.95
3. Your Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery.
Written by Sally Johnston. 4th edition.
Sally Johnston is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Accredited Nutritionist with over 10 years of experience working with weight loss surgery patients.
There are three main components to this book:
- The theory aspect of the sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass and gastric band procedure
- Over 100 recipes for the pre- and post-surgery diet stages (fluids, puree, soft and normal textured foods)
- How to deal with potential hiccups along your journey, including symptom management and common nutrient deficiencies that can occur
This book is also available here for $45.00.
Weight Loss Surgery Books