Are you searching for a small savoury snack?
Keep reading as we reveal the ingredients and directions for healthy and delicious tuna and sweet potato mini muffins.
Tuna and Sweet Potato Mini Muffins: Ingredients
- Olive oil spray
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potato (peeled and diced into 1 cm cubes)
- 5 eggs, lightly whisked
- 1/4 cup low fat milk
- 185g tuna in Springwater (drained well)
- 125g corn kernels
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oats
- Ground pepper
How to Make the Healthy Sweet Potato Muffins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Add the sweet potato to a medium saucepan, cover with cold water, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sweet potato is tender.
- Drain the sweet potato and set aside to cool down.
- Spray 8 x 1/2 cup capacity muffin pans with olive oil spray.
- Combine the egg, milk, tuna, corn, onion, Parmesan, chives and oats.
- Season with black pepper and any other preferred herbs and spices.
- Gently add the sweet potato and stir to combine.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes.
- Enjoy warm or cold!
This recipe makes 4 cups or 8-10 mini muffins.
Tuna and Sweet Potato Mini Muffins: Nutritional Information (per cup)
- 232 calories,
- 19.5g protein,
- 9.5g fat,
- 3g saturated fat,
- 16g carbohydrates,
- 2g fibre.
Note: These delicious little muffins can be stored in the freezer in an airtight container or freezer zip lock bag for up to 3 months.
This recipe along with many other great meal and snack ideas are available in Your Complete Guide to Nutrition for Weight Loss Surgery via our Shop page.