If you’re looking for a filling and incredibly healthy dinner, why not try this veggie-packed tuna bake without pasta?
This week we’re sharing the healthy tuna bake as our recipe of the week.
Keep reading as we reveal what ingredients you need, and how to cook up this great meal.
Tuna Bake Without Pasta: Ingredients
This tuna bake has plenty of vegetables and ZERO pasta!
Here’s the list of what you’ll need to make it:
- 300g tuna chunks in Springwater, drained
- 1/3 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup of diced broccoli
- I celery stick, finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup low fat shredded cheese
Healthy Tuna Bake Recipe: Method
It’s so easy to put together this tuna bake.
Simply, follow the six (6) steps below:
- Pre-heat oven to 180C
- Mix together all ingredients except the shredded cheese
- Season with salt and pepper as desired
- Place the tuna mixture into an oven safe dish
- Top with shredded cheese
- Place into the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Healthy Recipe Ideas
Would you like to add more healthy meals to your repertoire?
We share a savoury snack recipe here for tasty and healthy tuna and sweet potato mini muffins.
If you don’t like tuna and want a sweet healthy snack instead, these lemon coconut protein balls might hit the spot.
Do you have questions about what to consume after bariatric surgery?
Our friendly dietitians are Accredited Practising Dietitians, with plenty of experience, and they’re always happy to help.