Did you say lemon cheesecake!?
I came across this recipe for lemon cheesecake protein balls online and thought they looked and sounded delicious, so I just had to share it!
These lemon cheesecake balls require only four (4) ingredients:
- Tasteless protein powder,
- Light cream cheese,
- Lite jelly powder, and
- Shredded coconut.
I tried this recipe over the weekend, and they are super simple and quick to make, absolutely delicious, and they definitely hit the spot for a sweet treat after dinner!
You can use different flavoured lite jelly sachets if you’re not a fan of lemon or if you just want to mix things up. Here are some examples of other flavours to try:
Lemon Cheesecake Protein Balls: Ingredients
- 250g light cream cheese
- 1 sachet lite jelly
- 2 scoops of tasteless protein powder – I used Feel Good Tasteless Protein Collagen Protein Powder
- Shredded coconut
This recipe makes approximately 20 balls, with only 32 calories per ball.
Lemon Cheesecake Balls: Method
- Mix the light cream cheese, lite jelly powder and tasteless protein powder in a bowl
- Roll into small bite size balls
- Roll in shredded coconut
- Store in the fridge and enjoy them cold!
- Use light cream cheese straight out of the fridge to ensure a firm consistency.
- If you find the mixture is too sticky to roll into balls, try placing the mixture in the fridge for an hour before rolling.
- These protein balls will last in the fridge for up to one week. You may also freeze them for up to 4 weeks and thaw it out before consuming.
Recipe courtesy of @losing_my_layers.
On the hunt for more healthy snack ideas? View some of our favourite recipes here.