Are you looking for some healthy entrées, mains, side dishes or dessert recipes for Christmas after bariatric surgery?
We share two (2) recipes below for healthy Christmas desserts, along with some of our favourite main meals and sides, which are nutritious and suitable for any family gathering.
Healthy Christmas Recipes
- Carrot, celery, capsicum or cucumber sticks with hummus, avocado, beetroot or roasted pumpkin dip
- Fresh prawns with lemon slices
- A platter with olives, low fat cubed cheese, mixed nuts, ham and wholegrain crackers such as Vita-Weats or Ryvita
- Veal and pork meat balls with tzatziki dip
- Tomato, mushrooms and pancetta skewers
- Chargrilled Mediterranean vegetables (zucchini, mushrooms, capsicum, eggplant and artichoke)
- Turkey and avocado salad with cranberry dressing
- Low fat green bean casserole
Healthy Christmas Desserts
- Fruit platter
- Date & almond or lemon & coconut bliss balls
- Frozen berries protein smoothie – see below for recipe
Frozen Berries Protein Smoothie Recipe
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries or strawberries
- 3/4 cup almond milk or low fat milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 scoop Tasteless Protein Collagen powder
- Place all ingredients into a blender.
- Add more milk if you prefer a thin consistency.
Crustless Protein Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Protein Pumpkin Pie Ingredients
- 425g pumpkin pureed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
Protein Pumpkin Pie Method
- Pre-heat oven to 180C.
- Line a round baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and pour into the round baking tin.
- Bake at 180C for 25 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 150C and cook for another 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Let the pie cool down before slicing and enjoying!
Healthy Christmas Ideas
For more meal or snack ideas, contact us on (07) 3871 2277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like some tips on how to enjoy the festive season while still maintaining your new healthy lifestyle after weight loss surgery? Click here as we share six tips to avoid overeating at Christmas.