We now have a non-surgical medical weight loss solution called the Accelerate Program.
The Accelerate Program is designed for people who do not qualify for a surgical weight loss procedure; or are preparing for another surgical procedure (orthopaedic or similar); or are wanting to kick start their weight loss again after a long term regain.
In the 12 week program, you’ll learn how to control cravings, beat hunger and reclaim control of your life.
Are you vegetarian or vegan? Fructose or lactose intolerant? Have coeliac disease or gluten sensitivity? We have you covered – our dietitian can formulate a menu plan just for you!
Our goal is to help you achieve rapid and safe weight loss — typically with weight loss of 1-1.5kg per week.*
The program is over a 12 week period and includes all consultations, your meal replacement products and meal plans.
You will see our surgeon Dr Adib at the beginning and at the end of the program with weekly support and guidance from our dietitians, alternating with phone and in person consultations.#
Patients who are overweight but not eligible for weight loss surgery; patients who need to lose weight for other surgery; or who are reluctant to have a weight loss surgical procedure may apply. We would love to have a chat with you and assess your eligibility+ for the program.
Your initial consultation with Dr Adib will include an examination of your current medical needs and any underlying causes of your weight gain. Weight loss medications may be used in patients who have a significant weight amount of weight to lose, and lifestyle efforts on their own have been unsuccessful. Medications that are regularly used include digestive hormonal suppressants (Saxenda & Contrave) or appetite suppressants (Duromine).
As part of the Accelerate Program, we provide:
- A comprehensive medical examination to determine the causes of your weight gain
- Screening for weight-related health issues such as high blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, thyroid disease and hormonal disturbances
- An appropriate medication prescription to help you with your weight loss
After you have seen Dr Adib, you will have a comprehensive consultation with our dietitian who will:
- Assess your biometrics, including your height, weight, waist circumference, fat percentage, muscle mass and BMI
- An assessment of how your weight gain is affecting your health
- Offer guidance in setting weight loss and other health-related goals
- Administer a treatment plan most appropriate for your current medical and lifestyle needs for effective weight loss
With our 3 stage diet plan, patients can achieve rapid weight loss with minimal hunger. Stages vary in length depending on your progress.
In addition to our prescribed dietary program, we will encourage you to exercise lightly each day; doing something that you enjoy.
We will provide you with our educational tools for success, explaining how to make long lasting lifestyle changes and overcome barriers to weight loss.
At the end of the program, we will provide you with:
- A summary of your goals completed
- Assessment your improved biometrics, including your weight, waist circumference, fat percentage, muscle mass and BMI
- Discussion about continuing medication if required
- Guidance in setting long term weight loss and other health-related goals
- Administer a long term diet plan for your lifestyle needs for effective weight maintenance
At your initial appointment you will see both Dr Adib and our dietitian. You will go home with everything you need to get started on the day!
You will need to obtain a referral from your GP to see Dr Adib and we will keep your GP informed of your progress. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or you can chat directly with us here
*Results may vary for individuals
#Remote patients may do the program via telehealth
+The Accelerate Program does not replace surgical treatment for morbid obesity.