Initial Consultations are BULK-BILLED for patients with a Medicare card and a valid Referral
How to book an appointment with us:
- Obtain a Referral from your GP to Dr Reza Adib
- Contact the Brisbane Obesity Clinic rooms on 07 3871 2277 or Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your consultation. Dr Adib consults from his private rooms at the Wesley Hospital. If you live in a rural location we are able to arrange a phone or video consultation for your convenience.
What To Bring To An Initial Consultation
- Medicare Card or DVA Card
- Private Health Insurance – if you have private health
- Your completed registration form that we have sent you
How To Book A Surgery:
Surgery is usually booked at the time of initial consultation, during which time you will sign surgical consent forms. If you are not ready to proceed at the time of the consultation, you will need to book a subsequent appointment. Please note that a deposit is required to hold your surgery date and before we can release superannuation forms. This is paid on the day of consultation.
How To Prepare For Your Surgery:
Here at the Brisbane Obesity Clinic, we provide our patients with clear preoperative and postoperative instructions following their initial consultation. It is our top priority to ensure our patients are fully prepared for their procedure. All information regarding procedure cost, pre-surgery diet and post-operative instructions are addressed comprehensively at your consultation.
To cancel an appointment:
Please phone the office during business hours. It would be appreciated if you could cancel an appointment at least one day ahead so that we can allocate your appointment time to another patient on our waiting list.
If You Don’t Have A Referral:
If you are unable to obtain a referral in time for your appointment, we do advise patients to reschedule their appointment in order to be bulk-billed for the consultation with Dr Reza Adib. Otherwise, the consultation fee is $200 which is payable at the time of your appointment.
Accessing Superannuation To Fund Your Procedure:
Following your initial consultation with Dr Adib, if you choose to book in for a surgical procedure and would like to access Early Release of Superannuation. We will see you through the whole process. Click here for more information.